Friday, November 16, 2007

What He intends for us is not exactly what we have in mind.

Dearest cell mates,

Today marks the end of my mid-term exams. I finished 6 exams over the course of the last few weeks. It will be 4 more weeks to my Final Year exam before I fly back and I will see you all again. Miss you all very much.

At the end of today, I learnt something from Daddy which I believe is the essence of how Our Father works.

Many times, when we pray, we ask God to grant our requests. "Lord, please help me through this exam." "Lord, please grant me courage to handle this issue." Lord, please grant me the strength and please grant me the love that is from You, to love this person the way You do."

We ask God for many things. But I am not sure if it has ever occurred to all of you, but what I am about to describe to you all, it somehow occurs to me very often...

Often times, the answer from God is very different to what my human mind had originally perceived to be. We often have a perceived answer to what our prayers will turn out to be.

"Lord, if I have asked You for courage, You will give me the courage. I will feel it inside of me right away. Cause You said, ask and You shall receive."

True, but only half true...

Why? Because I believe Our Lord sees much deeper than we do. Very often, when we receive a reply to our prayers from Him, it is often not what we expected it to be. Well guess what, very often, the answer that we get from Him, is the BEST answer to our prayers, and it always contains what we have asked Him for in our prayers. We just need to start seeing it from His perspective. How? Well, that is why we have the Holy Spirit. Let me reveal what He shared with me today.

If we ask for courage to do something, if we say, ask for Faith to carry out something really humanly impossible, do you think God will just give us that courage and faith just like that, OR do you think God will give us opportunities in which our courage and faith will be acted out.

I believe God gives OPPORTUNITIES. If I want more faith, He will provide me with situations where I will be able to see faith being exercised.

Our God is a God of opportunities. And thru these opportunities, we find the answers to our prayers. And we learn and grow from it and become a better person.

There are times where He supplies immediately, but I just wish to provide another suggestion, that there are times too, where He provides opportunities that reveals the very thing we have been asking for.

He never spoon-feeds.

And each time, He Knows Best. What a great God we have. Thank You Daddy. :)

No comments: