Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Am I Blind?

In Matthew 13, Jesus taught about the parable of the sower. The disciples asked Jesus why does he speak to the people in parables. Jesus provided the reason in verses 11-12.

He then proceeded to speak about the prophecy of Isaiah. In verse 15, Jesus mentioned, “For this people’s heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. OTHERWISE, they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts, and turn, and I WOULD heal them.”

Jesus carried on and said in verse 16-17, “But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear. Truly, I tell you, many prophets and RIGHTEOUS people longed to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear but did not hear it.”

When I read these verses, the word Blindness came to me. And slowly, those words I have written in Uppercase, just popped up in front of my eyes.

We are all redeemed, we have been saved. Often times we will say that those people that have yet to come to know Jesus, are blind. They are spiritually blinded, or they are blinded by the things of this world. I guess we have said this many times yeah?

It is true. These people are blinded by the evil one. But I realized today, as Christians, we are also blind. But it is different from what the non-believers are suffering from.

I walked down the streets in downtown Santa Cruz, and I saw many homeless people. Many! Everyone of them are so dirty, they have no place to stay, and they beg for food on the streets. I asked myself what can I do? I prayed, I gave them money but there’s more than I can do. So much more…

When you see these people, many of them do not know Christ. How do I know that? Because I stood near them and listened to their conversations. I observed from afar what they did, what they talked about.

But, if you ask them what they need, what they want, they know the answer to give. They need money, they need HOPE. The world to a certain extent, does know its needs. These people, even though they are blinded spiritually, they know what they need. They need HOPE.

You see, when I read the verses I stated above, I realized that for us Christians, I wonder are we still realizing our need. I do not wish to point arrows so I will speak about myself. I wonder to myself, I am born again. I have been redeemed. But am I slowly stopping to recognize my need anymore?

What is the need that we Christians need? It is desperation. For what? For GOD!

I realized today, that I have forgotten they I need desperation for Jesus. I have hope, I have clothing, I have a place to stay, but, I as His son, have slowly forgotten that I need to be desperate for Him CONSTANTLY, DAILY.

I am not spiritually blind, cause I have found Jesus. But I am blinded because I am content with what I have now. And that itself, has become a form of blindness.

As I continue to ask Him to reveal more, He showed me, that “many prophets and RIGHTEOUS people longed to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear but did not hear it.” I believe we are righteous people yeah?

Why did Jesus say even the righteous, they long to see but they did not see it? They long to hear but they did not hear it? WHY??

If I ask everyone, including myself, have we been on fire for Jesus before? I believe many will say, YES, many times. I asked myself that too. And Daddy just softly spoke in my heart, when I asked Him, “Dad have I been on fire for you?” He said, “What do you think?” I replied, “Yeah, many times Daddy.”

He gently said, “Son, how come it is not ALL the time?”

That broke me. I think I know why. The NLT translation of Matthew 13:15 reads, “For the hearts of these people are hardened…”

You know, I believe I have a history in God, with God. BUT, I guess many times I did not keep track with the current doings of God.

How does a sharp blade maintain its sharpness? It has to be constantly sharpened. Likewise, to maintain that fire, we have to always RECOGNIZE our need, and earnestly pursue Jesus.

We have to constantly pursue what I believe has been said thousands of times…OUR FIRST LOVE.

You see my dear brothers, when we fail to recognize our need for our first love, we cannot reach the fullness of what God wants us to become.

This kind of blindness does not lead us to hell. But, it stops us from fulfilling our full potential in what Jesus wants us to do, in what He has destined for us to do.

When the passion for Him dies, we will not shine as bright as what we are made to do so.

“Lord, may we as the righteous people who have come to know You, be earnestly seeking You everyday, passionately, even when things are bad. Because we just wish to hear You say, to us, “Thank You for being passionate ALL the time.” AMEN.”

Love you guys. Everyone of you. God bless.

No comments: