Wednesday, November 7, 2007

His Smile...

Hello dear cellmates,

How's it going for you all today? I guess you all are in the heat of projects and deadlines right now yeah? Getting ready for reading week and final exams already too I presume? Likewise over here in USA, it is the same. Lots of pop quizzes and mid-term exams. I just finished 4 exams and 2 more coming up next week. Then it is left with 3 more assignments, 2 more reports and then Final exams before I fly back to see you all again. Persevere for the last leg ok? You all can do it. Praying for all of you from here in US.

Today, while taking the bus home, I stood behind 2 down-syndrome guys. They were sitted with each other and they were basically behaving not very normally because of their deficiency. I sat eyes on them and at that moment, a voice spoke in my heart. I started looking around and I saw everyone on the bus not looking at them and just having blank faces on them. Some were reading, some were chatting, some were just staring into blank space. I looked back at the 2 guys and I saw the 2 of them smiling away. They were playing with each other's fingers and snapping away, and one was digging his nose. And laughing away.

Sounds a bit weird I suppose? Not to God at all. In my heart, I heard Him say, "I love them a lot you know". I fought hard to contain the tears in my eyes. In a bus filled with people, many having empty faces and blank faces, there are 2 guys, most likely looked down upon by everyone, yet it is them who have the most beautiful smiles. I smiled with tears in my eyes, when I saw them smile cause I know our Father in Heaven is smiling down at them too.

At that moment I prayed for healing for them in Jesus name, that this syndrome will be gone in Jesus name. I believe the healing has taken place in their lives and thru this, our Father showed me today, that when the world thinks you are different, our Father still love us for our difference. The smile on the faces of these 2 guys, spoke deeply to me. As we all go thru our daily lives, as we encounter lots of stress and trials, especially right now for many of us, whether in work, or studies, do take some time to remember the smile on God's face when He sees His children still loving Him and loving others. To people, these 2 guys may be weird, but to Jesus, they are His treasure.

Keep loving the people around you. Whether if it is the "hard-to-work-with" project mate, the irritating friend, someone who made you frustrated, even someone whom totally betrayed you, He still loves them. And as His disciples, we can too with Him with us.

God smiles too from Heaven...at us, each and everyday. When He knows we all are doing things that make Him happy, He smiles. When our gifts illuminate Him and help His people, He beams! When we love those that this world thinks do not deserved to be loved, He gleams!

May we spend a lifetime making Him proud.

Love,
Chris

No comments: