Tuesday, November 20, 2007

How Extravagant Will I Be For You Jesus?

Dear cell,

How have everyone of you been? Have not heard from all of you for very long time already. Is everyone doing well? Persevere on as you all study hard for your exams. Mine is coming soon as well, right after the NUS exams.

Just wish to share about 2 words that have been ringing constantly thru my mind this whole day. Never left me till the point it just keep echoing in my mind.

"Reckless Abandonment"

2 Samuel 6:14-16, 23, fully describes the 2 words. King David, stripping off his kingly garments and dancing wildly before God, till the point where his own wife despised him.

WOW! Well it sure caught my attention in that. The fullness of reckless abandonment, lived out right in front of my eyes.

It is truly very humbling to know how a king with status will give up that reputation and dance wildly for the Father. It is yet hurting and painful for me at the same time when I search myself and know there are times I withhold my worship from Him.

To ask for reckless abandonment is not just about asking Him. It is about doing it as well. Thru the doing, you will receive. There will be a shift in our spirits that align what that of the Jesus. I truly believe that. God gives us opportunities for us to see Him work. I like that, rather than merely giving us whatever we want. He knows best and somehow throughout the course of being away, I have come to realize that is usually how He likes to work. He gives opportunities to answers, not answers straight away.

King David knew what it meant to be extravagant for Jesus. He knows that when it comes to Jesus, nothing else actually matters. The pride, and reputation just melts away from Him. Reckless Abandonment brings our faith, our intimacy with Him into another level. Another realm where we will be able to experience how tangible our Father is.

In UCSC, there are lots of forests and trees. And I got to walk very far to go from one lecture to another. He gave me the opportunity to worship Him in the woods, while walking from lectures to lectures. It was fearful because many students walk pass everyday. But there is no breakthrough for me if I choose to be safe all the time. I started putting on my headphones and blasted my worship music in my ears. And I started singing so loudly, many times people just walked pass and stared at me.

Who cares! HAHA. When it comes to the Father, I have realized it ain't going to matter for me. Our Father is an extravagant God, but yet He is not wasteful. There is a big difference. Often times, the things that are reckless, seem wasteful to people. Things that in our humanly minds make us think that we should not do, and it will make us look bad, it is not worth doing this, doing that.

When Mary poured an ointment on Jesus, that ointment costs a full year's income. You can find the story in Matthew 26. The disciples thought it was a waste and it could be put into better use if it was sold and the money given to the poor. To them this is silly. Such a waste!

But to Jesus, it takes delight in Him. Kingdom perspective is very different from earthly perspective. It is about time we see from the Father's perspective, that He longs to see fully abandoned worshippers that when they come into His presence, they will be lost with Him. That they will put aside everything they have and say to the Father,"I just want You. It does not matter what I do, I just want to be in Your presence, soaking up everything. I just want to give whatever I can give to You. Even if it looks silly. I love to do it."

A heart of excellence has no place for the poverty spirit that seeks to make us feel inferior to the world when we do certain things that make us different from this world. We are not from this world in the first place. So there is nothing inferior to feel about. I would like the world to see the joy that is in you and I that overflows when we worship the Father with reckless abandonment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey bro~ i'm havin papers on 24 26 [2 papers] and 29 so this week sort of packed with revision hee...

i was also blasting worship music when i was studyin at coffee bean today... some periods i was movin to the tune and mouthing the songs... so i sort of understand wad u are saying =)