Sunday, November 25, 2007

Luke 2:49-52

Luke 2:49-52:

"Why were you searching for me?" he asked. "Didn't you know I had to be in my Father's house?" But they did not understand what he was saying to them. Then he went down to Nazareth with them and was obedient to them. But his mother treasured all these things in her heart. And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.”
Over the pass few days, I am not able to go any further other than being stuck at the above verses. Luke 2:49-52. It has been so overwhelming to me and it has spoken very deeply to me. I am finally able to pen down my thoughts and I just wish to share them with every one of you, my beloved cellmates.

Luke 2 shows a life of Jesus growing up. I believed all of us have read this passage before. Each of us may have different verses that stood out and have special meaning, personal meanings. I would call these verses those verses that we will fight for. Verses that we will even become “jealous” when we hear others speak of it. Why? Because these verses are those verses that changed our perspective and our mindset. Verses that have such precious meaning to us in which God spoke, that we hold on to so tightly forever.

These pass few days as I allowed Luke 2:49-52 to brew inside me, these have become verses that I hold onto so tightly. It is like saying, “these are MY verses.” Why? Cause they have changed the perspective that I have used to see. To sum it up, it has been life changing.

I believe each of you have your own verses that you hold onto tightly. May I be allowed to share a little of what He has taught me.

Whatever He has taught me has never been very difficult to grasp. It is the one and only simple truth that has always revolved around Him. INTIMACY above everything else. Intimacy with the Father.

Jesus understood this since He was young. He has began cultivating a relationship of intimacy with His heavenly Father since He was young. Much more than that of His earthly father. The bible says, Jesus grew in wisdom and stature and IN FAVOR with God and men.

Here is why I am stucked these few days. I can understand the part about Jesus growing in favor with men. But it stunned me that the bible says, Jesus grew IN FAVOR with GOD!

This verse brought me to a stop. If even Jesus needs to increase and grow and favor with His heavenly Father, what more me? If the Son of God, who is perfect in character and sinless, needs to obtain favor from His Father, what more me?

Jesus is our example of the greatest privilege that we have been given since we accepted Christ. Intimacy with the Father. Through this, He grew in favor with God, even when He and the Father are One. I know, within my own limited mind and biblical knowledge, that I cannot provide a satisfactory answer as to why the Bible said, Jesus grew in Favor with God. Why does He need to grow in Favor? Shouldn’t He not need to do so?

While I cannot provide you guys with an answer, but in my heart, all I know is, if Jesus, the sinless and perfect one, needs to grow in favor with God, I know I need to even more…

No comments: