Monday, November 26, 2007

To Still see You even when we are in Valley times...

I was thinking about my experience at Bethel Church in June 2007, and I was thinking of all the conferences that I have attended since I became a Christian, all the camps, the advances, every single mountain top experience that I have been through. I realized that all these mountain top experience simply points to one direction. Down.

From the mountain top, down to the valley. While walking to the bus stop everyday, on my way to school, I will see huge landscapes. There seems to be no end. The entire place seems to be surrounded by huge mountains everywhere. And each day I walked past them. Each day I have seen them till I am pretty much used to the sight. But today, it was different. I saw a picture of the mountains, but my eyes did not just stayed up at the mountain top. They scanned downwards towards the bottom of the mountains. The valley.

God brought me to Psalm 84 today.

"As they pass through the Valley of Baka, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains ALSO cover it with pools. They go from strength to strength till each appears before God in Zion."

The Valley of Baka (NIV) is also known as the Valley of Weeping (NASB version). One thing I will absolutely hold firm, is that every single word in the Bible is from God. Every word, not one is not from Him. David wrote that as the people passes through the Valley of Weeping, they make it a place of springs.

I stared at the mountains but slowly the top of the mountains do not catch my attention anymore. It is the Valley that caught my attention. When the people pass through the Valley, they wept. That is why it is call the Valley of Weeping. But they make it a place of Springs. God showed me a picture, of many crying, many going through enormous challenges. And they just wept and cried and cried. The tears by right should accumulate and become like a pool of tears. But David said, they make it a place of springs. Springs are places where water wells up from an underground source. They do not form pools. It symbolizes life and vibrance.

I stared at this verse and God showed me even more. "The autumn rains ALSO covers it with pools. These people as they go thru valley times, they cried and wept. But their tears, together with the rain that God had sent, the autumn rains, they seeped through the dirt and soil they piles up the valleys and they nourished the soils. The water and the tears, brought LIFE.

That is why there is verse 7. "They go from STRENGTH TO STRENGTH, till each appears before God in Zion."

Our valley times are times when we are marked for great promotion, IF we know and recognize that the tears we shed, are not tears of hopelessness. The mindset that we have MUST change. God has hidden refreshments FOR us, not FROM us. There is a difference. The tears we shed during our valley times, is like Springs, that gushes out and spurts out. And it pushes through the dirts and the soils of our trials. These valley times are some of the greatest moments for promotion.

Why did the people go from strength to strength? Because in their disappointment, in their valley times, they did not give up. We fail to overcome when we face disappointments and we need an explanation to make us feel better about the moment where instead we should be discontented so that we will wage a violent war against all that restrains us to find His solution that will never dissipate.

Valley times will bring great promotion and victory. I know some of us are going through terrible times. I just do not want to say names cause there is no need to do so at all. With what He has shown me, I just wish to share them with any of you that is going thru screwed up times. I can only share with you what I have experienced from Him. But I cannot experience the experience for you. I will be there to pray, to love and support any of you, but I cannot experience this experience FOR you. You have to see it from your own eyes.

His scriptures truly brings life IF we allow it to speak to us. If they are just merely words we read everyday, and not experience a transformation within us, then the bible is simply a book. But it isn't just a book. It is a launching pad for everyone of us, to experience the author. We do not worship the bible. We worship the One that the Bible talks about...

These are just the many thoughts in my mind that are not exactly very organized. But I know, they are my honest thoughts with a simple passion that I wish to share with whoever reads this blog. God bless!

2 comments:

The Royal Tail said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Royal Tail said...

Chris - I am glad God is finally getting your attention from those mountains.

I thought you'd be more alert since your personal encounter with Mother Nature aka the earthquake experience.

Talking about weather and rain... every year... when Fall comes, it means it's hurricane season, in the Spring that same season is called Tornado season.

Go find out what hurricanes do and why we need to have them.