Friday, November 9, 2007

Daddy is NEVER Biased.

Hello dear cell,

Can someone pls refresh me about the name of our cell? Is it call "The Cell"? It slipped my mind. So sorry.

I am so happy when Kevin told me about what happened at overnight prayer. It is truly an exciting moment that God is moving in COOS and in each of our lives. I pray that all of us will catch the wind of the holy spirit as it flows through each of us.

May I humbly extend a simple sharing with you all today? I am not sure how busy everyone of you are right now, but I believe all of you guys are extremely busy with a lot of work and final exams coming. Likewise over here for me. Just had 4 mid-terms and I got another 2 more next week and 2 reports and assignments to submit. But all these are just secondary in our lives. That is what I choose to believe and have been convicted about because everything here is temporal. If He rewards us by honoring Him first, everything else can take a step back. I am "greedy" for the reward that is in Heaven and it is the one thing I will pursue, above all the things of this temporal world we are in.

I know Daddy is looking after every single one of you and I am very thankful for that. I wish to share something that I just feel in me, that will encourage all of you as much as it has encouraged me tremendously. Something in me just clicked and directed my attention to our cell when I read this passage from the Bible.

In Acts 10, the entire chapter, we witness something very amazing. It is the story of Cornelius calling on Peter. But the part that caught my attention is the part whereby Peter realized the fairness our God has. In Acts 10, we know very clearly that Jews never mix with the Gentiles. But in the eyes of our Father, He sees it differently. In verse 34, Peter is enlightened. "I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism, but accepts those from every nation who fear Him and do what is right."

In verse 45, it reads, "The circumcised believers (OUCH!) who had come with Peter were astonished that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on the Gentiles."

The Jews were stunned by God's acceptance of Gentiles into His eternal plan and kingdom. When we all get right down to it, God's selection factor and standards are totally different from ours. If we realized the people He picked to become man and woman of God, we will realized that among them there are Murderers (Moses and Paul), there are Scheming people like Jacob, there are people that commit adultery (David) and many more. Look at the 12 that He chose. None are perfect. In His eyes, who cares Jews or Gentiles?

Applying this to us today, God is forgiving in a way that makes Him and equal-opportunity God. You and I are people that are created in His image and guess what, we are then re-created to live FOR Him (2 Corinthians 5:17).

I wish to tell you from the bottom of my heart, our cell is made up of every kind of people. Some lack this, others lack that. Can I find someone in our cell that is perfect? I guess I just asked a rhetorical question. Of course not! And I would not even bother to look for one perfect person when I have already found the One that I can follow and learn from for eternity. Each of us are made the way He made us, and it does not matter whether we have this or we lack this and that person has this and we do not have. What matters is how much can we give of what we have to Him.

I am glad to be in a cell where everyone's goodness complement the other person's weakness. That is what brothers and sisters are for. May we practice the same kind of graciousness and acceptance that our Father shows.

I am not with you guys back home now, but I sense in me that there are people that may need a reassuring reception, an open heart and maybe even, just an open arm and an open ear. Praying for all of you. And I will be here to offer mine to you all as well.

With Love,
Chris

No comments: