Saturday, November 17, 2007

Calling

this caught my attention... i pray that we'll wait on Dad always so that we'll hear Him always... and when He calls us to do somethin we'll obey and bring glory to Him!

Calling of Moses -> [Exo 3]

3 So Moses thought, "I will go over and see this strange sight-why the bush does not burn up."

4 When the LORD saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, "Moses! Moses!
And Moses said, "Here I am."

Calling of Paul -> [Acts 22]

6"About noon as I came near Damascus, suddenly a bright light from heaven flashed around me. 7I fell to the ground and heard a voice say to me, 'Saul! Saul! Why do you persecute me?'

8" 'Who are you, Lord?' I asked.

" 'I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom you are persecuting,' he replied. 9My companions saw the light, but they did not understand the voice of him who was speaking to me.

10"'What shall I do, Lord?' I asked.

Calling of Samuel -> [1 Sam 3]

10 The LORD came and stood there, calling as at the other times, "Samuel! Samuel!"

Then Samuel said, "Speak, for your servant is listening."

Calling of Peter, James, John -> [Lk5]

6When they had done so, they caught such a large number of fish that their nets began to break.

...

Then Jesus said to Simon, "Don't be afraid; from now on you will catch men." 11So they pulled their boats up on shore, left everything and followed him.

Calling of Isaiah -> [Isa 6]

5 "Woe to me!" I cried. "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty."

6 Then one of the seraphs flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. 7 With it he touched my mouth and said, "See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for."

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"

And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"


No comments: