Sunday, November 4, 2007

To every beloved cell mate

Dear Cell,

This is my first entry, right here in USA. I am not really into blogging. Prefer writing and sharing in person but something just stirred me up to write this entry. First of all, I just wish to say from the bottom of my heart, I miss you guys a lot. It has been 2 months since I am here. How time really fly by yeah? By His grace, I am still going strong but believe me, being here accepting His challenge and coming here out of obedience is one of the toughest challenges I have faced. But God has showed me so many things here and even when my walk with Him is really low, He never stopped pursuing me. Life here is extremely different from life in Singapore. Without familiarity and being placed here in a foreign country has indeed made me lot more independent and mature in my thinking. The molding process is tough and it is getting tougher but His mercies are always new every single morning. He taught me what it really means to FAST from familiarity. To be brought out from my familiar world and see the world that His heart is beating for. The morals here are just really bad. He showed me things that made me understand, what He meant when He said, we are in this world but not of this world. To truly stand firm in your beliefs in Him costs you a price. My price, is being outcasted. But still I will always stand firm and challenge their mindset and beliefs, of simple issues like "Is it ok to have sex before marriage?", "Must 2 person really be married?", "Gay & Lesbian" Issues, to other issues like "Is there really a God?". Each day brings new challenges for me, each day I realized how tough it is to love someone that does not deserve to be loved, and each day, the meaning of worship becomes deeper and deeper. By His grace, He held onto me and He still does every single day.

To everyone of you, thank you for your prayers and for being there for me. I have an immense amount of things to share with you all and if I have that privilege, I will humbly do so. I am excited to come back and join you guys again, excited to continue the process of caring for you all and growing friendships with you all once again. May His blessings be poured out upon every single one of you each and everyday. Remember, never ever sway a single bit from the values and beliefs that Jesus has taught us ok? Even if it costs you a big price cause no price is bigger than the one He has paid, for us. Love you all. You are in my prayers. God bless!

Love,
Chris

P.S: I just have a simple picture I took in my hostel room for you all. Bless you!

4 comments:

pearlview said...

hi chris, your post reminds me of this song:

What a friend we have in Jesus,
all our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit,
O what needless pain we bear,
all because we do not carry
everything to God in prayer.

Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged;
take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful
who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness;
take it to the Lord in prayer.

Are we weak and heavy laden,
cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge;
take it to the Lord in prayer.

Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
Take it to the Lord in prayer!
In his arms he'll take and shield thee;
thou wilt find a solace there.

Be comforted in the Lord, our God yah? (:
-Pearl

Sampio said...

Awesome Chris! Missions is everywhere bro at home, school, on the bus.... It's great to see the challenges eh? Like what God thinks in that situation like what you said is sex before marriage ok? Isnt it great that God allowed us to be part of His kingdom to share in His work here on earth. We are privileged ya know :)

Suffy said...

hi chris!
WOOOOT glad to hear fr you man! thanks for sharing please share more when u can.
was really inspired by your sharing that time abt yr trip to Redding, and am looking forward to u coming back so i can hear more fr ya.

take care :) and stay warm!

Ivan Li said...

hello Chris.. indeed there is a lot of immorality going on. i am glad that you perceived this as a challenge. one of the toughest challenges. bro, i pray that you continue to be resilient and strong. there are many challenges along the way but we will always triumph as we are God’s people. God’s people always prosper in famines and tough times.

i am so happy that you are safe and well… and thanks for missing me… ;) not many ppl tell me they miss me haha. i’ll remember the encouragements you gave me the first few days when you juz arrive there. definitely a time to mould and stretch you… BRO EMBRACE GOD’S TEACHING.