Monday, November 12, 2007

Shall We All Feast With God In The Presence Of satan?

To my beloved cellmates,

I guess the title may seem very shocking. I was thinking of a title that can help to express my level of shock and enlightenment with regards to something I really wish to share with you all.

I read Psalm 23 today, and something struck me as I read the passage. It is a verse that is of no stranger to many of us. "The Lord is my Shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down on green pastures..." and the passage continues. 6 verses in all. Not a very long Psalm, but it changed the way I think. And I guess I am shifting my mindset now towards something pretty exciting.

The verse that struck me is in verse 5.

"You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies."

I paused there and I just thought about what God is trying to say in this short verse. Verse 5.

Why does God prepare a table for me, in the presence of my enemies? Who are my enemies? Who are your enemies?? And why is there a table prepared by God, IN THE PRESENCE of our enemies??

He led me to Ephesians 6:12. The famous verse that I believe we have read many times. In Ephesians 6:12, Paul under the influence oh the Holy Spirit, said, that "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."

When I read this, I came to a conclusion. Our enemies is satan and his dark forces. So why, does King David says that Our God prepares a table in the presence of Satan and his dark forces, for us?

A table I believe, in the past, during the times of Jesus, it was used as a gathering of people, a time of feasting, of meetings and fellowship. And I continued to dwell along this line and I realized that God has prepared a table for us, to fellowship with Him, in the presence of the evil one. WHY??

BECAUSE, He wants us to fellowship with Him, to have intimacy with Him, in front of the devil's eyes, BECAUSE God knows, the devil cannot take it!! Satan cannot stand seeing us having intimacy with God. He hates it. The more Satan hates it, the more God will do.

Our Father is in no way, scared or intimidated by satan's plans. Satan on the other hand, trembles when he is in God's presence. So when we fellowship with God in the presence of our enemies (Satan and his "cannot-make-it" dark forces), he trembles.

Intimacy with our God is our armor of protection from the evil one's distraction. Never let this intimacy be far away from you. Satan is stupid but not that stupid. He knows your weakness, he knows when you are so stressed up or when you are jaded and he will plan an attack. But, intimacy with Jesus, is the key.

May we all spend great times with our Father, even when things seems to pile up every single day in our hectic life. And may we feast and fellowship with Him at the table, as the evil one looks on and trembles and cannot do anything about it because Our God is great!! Praise You Lord for You are mighty and You are so strong.

God bless you all dear brothers and sisters.

No comments: