Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Stepping Out...

Kevin asked me to post an account of what we did today, so here goes:
This afternoon, Chris, Kevin and I met up at Science faculty to pray. We spent some quiet time with God in one of the classrooms in S16. After that, Chris said that he felt that God was challenging him to enter one of the classrooms on our floor and share with the people there. We left the classroom we were in and went from door to door, peeking in to see which was the room to enter. We finally entered the one opposite our room. There were 4 girls in there. Chris asked for a few minutes of their time and shared about the blessing campaign with them. After they filled up the pamphlets, Chris and Kevin prayed a short prayer of blessing over them.

We continued to pray at S16 for a while longer, before eventually moving through S15 to SoC1. Since Chris had already shown us a good example, Kevin and I were also nervously on the lookout for a classroom where we could do likewise. As we walked through the corridor of SoC1 level 3, there was 1 tutorial room with 1 person inside. Kevin kept asking me whether I wanted to approach the guy inside. We dithered quite along the corridor, and by the time we were thinking of giving it a shot, another girl went into the room. Now there were 2 people in the room. After some mental preparation, we went in and tried to share with the 2 people inside. The guy wasn't really interested, but the girl took out some time to fill out the pamphlet and let me pray for her.

And so ends my account of our little adventure with God on Wednesday afternoon. We were very encouraged and I personally felt very challenged during the whole thing. Before we went out of our room, Chris shared with us some of his thoughts, about how, sometimes, when we come to God in desperation, we come with an attitude of doubt, and we ask God for things that we already have. I believe that, sometimes, our own reservations hold us back and make us feel inadequate. When Chris first mentioned what he felt God wanted him to do, I felt very uncomfortable. But as we entered that first room and Chris spoke to the girls, I believe fear and apprehension slowly gave way to faith, and when the time came for me to share in that room in SoC1, I wasn't really nervous or stiff about it. Hope this will be an encouragement to you all!

No comments: