Sunday, August 3, 2008

Luke 8:15-21 sermon 2Aug

As i reflected on the verses, i looked at the word “persevering” in verse 15.

v15
[NIV] But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word, retain it, and by persevering produce a crop.
Greek word for persevering is "hupomone" meaning cheerful (or hopeful) endurance, constancy: - enduring, patience, patient continuance (waiting).
[MSG] But the seed in the good earth—these are the good-hearts who seize the Word and hold on no matter what, sticking with it until there's a harvest.
[ESV] As for that in the good soil, they are those who, hearing the word, hold it fast in an honest and good heart, and bear fruit with patience.

I find it hard to persevere as compared to retaining the Word. I’m not a very patient person so the implication of patience in “persevere” really stands like a giant in front of me. But i’m determined to face this giant and make it fall coz giants are meant to be defeated. Dad, i pray that U help me to accomplish wad i set to achieve in my personal mission statement and to really hang on to Ya promise of “bearing fruit with patience”.

v18
[NIV]
"Therefore consider carefully how you listen. Whoever has will be given more; whoever does not have, even what he thinks he has will be taken from him."

Verse 18’s meaning was imparted to me by the minister during my SOZO session. Since then, i have held on to this verse to motivate myself during “valley times”. I tell myself tat if i dun exercise the gifts which Holy Spirit has given me, i will lose them. Even if i exercise them during my “mountain times”, the situation will not be improved as i’ll lose them during my “valley times”.

Wad did Dad speak to u guys thru the sermon? =)

No comments: