Thursday, August 7, 2008

For such a time as this (part 1)

Hey dearly beloveds...just want to share what I have reflected on today :)

Was talking to God about Pray & Bless (by the way, what is your faith target?) and also thinking about Day of His Power...Well, honestly although I am contented with staying here in SG, my thoughts on all these started to wander to 'hey, i'm Malaysian lahhh..why need to be so bothered about Singapore?'. Sigh, even writing this grieves me now but that actually ran through my mind!

God started to speak to me in the midst of falling asleep (and now, I can't sleep) and reminded me of Esther's story. He said that we are all placed where we are for a purpose. The verse in Esther 4:14 says:

"For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?"

and i paraphrase:

"...And who knows but that you are placed in your university/ workplace/ neighbourhood for such a time as this?"

Let us use the opportunities that we have, wherever we are placed, to pray like never before, and bless like there's no tomorrow.

No comments: