Monday, October 27, 2008

The Well


























Dear cell,
This is the prophetic drawing which I shared about. I felt led to draw when I was going to have quiet time with Daddy some time ago. The interpretation I got is that God's Word and promises are more than enough for me. It's like an endless well. The "roof" on top of the well signifies that there is no need to replenish the well by means by rain and also that the water inside the well is being kept pure by not allowing any contaminants in.

This led me to realize that I need to "dig deeper" into the Bible. It is simple logic. If I let down my pail into the well 3m deep and fetch no water, I have to let it down further. For me, it's basically to put in more time and effort to find out more about the context of Scriptures and re-enact the scene to help me understand the things of the Bible which are beyond the surface. This drawing led me to John 4 [Samaritan woman at the well] and subsequently to verse 24 "God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth." That's all for now =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes i agree. like the parable of the good samaritan.. there's so much into it. and i think God wants to tell/remind me smth about it. that's why i heard about it on tuesday for the devotion as well. and yes it does apply to what i'm seeing in church/work/elsewhere..

Anonymous said...

oops... previous post was by me.. ivan. we're all not God.. we fall short of the glory of God.. but what we can do is to ask God to help us be more like Him.. more Christ-like... that way, we see people like how Jesus see people.. like how the good samaritan would do..