Monday, April 28, 2008

choice of story

let's start off with

Jer 33:8
I will cleanse them from all the sin they have committed against me and will forgive all their sins of rebellion against me.

Heb 8:12

For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.

first, God not only forgives our sins, He forgets them. and He cleanses us, not leave us to rot with the sin after forgivin us. next, let's talk about an example: Abraham.

Rom 4:18
Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, "So shall your offspring be."

Abraham and Sarah were growing old, and childless. "against all hope", Abraham believed God will give him an offspring. but let's take a look at

Gen 16:2
[amplified] ... “Abram listened to and heeded what Sarai said.”
[NLT] ... “And Abram agreed with Sarai’s proposal.”

[Today's NIV] ... “Abram agreed to what Sarai said.”


Abraham, to certain extent, thought about Sarah's suggestion of having a baby with Hagar and agreed to do so. why? he probably thought that would be a shortcut to having a baby. after all, God promised him "a son coming from your own body" [Gen 15:4] but didn't specify the mum. he probably chose to "conveniently forget" the importance God placed on being husband and wife after his experience with the Pharoah in Gen 12:10-20.

so what's my point? Abraham made a mistake by having a child with Hagar. but how did Dad write about him? "against all hope, Abraham in hope believed". in this case, Abraham's righteousness [Gen 15:6] was the key to God rewriting his story. for us, the righteousness comes from the blood of Jesus. the Blood changes our story!

we face discouragement, struggles and failures. let's leave them at the foot of the Cross, covered by the Blood. have positive self talk.
Joel 3:10
... let the weakling say, "I am strong!"
a study shows an average person hears 1200 words a min [self talk and self thoughts]. 1100 are negative. dun partner religious/terrorist spirits which condemn us. we will be discouraged and afraid. we have been born anew! [Gal 2:20]. we don't wanna kill ourselves over and over again. the old has gone [2Cor 5:17]. the new man/woman needs to be nourished. talk strength into ourselves.

hand to Dad our lives and let Him tell our stories. it will be different from how we tell them. do not let our past determine our future. refuse to live in regret, "forgetting what is behind and and straining toward what is ahead" [Phil 3:13]. sounds easier said than done? bear in mind who said that. Apostle Paul, who was Saul, who persecuted Christians.

This message is for all of us, myself included [notice "we", "us", "our"]. hope this message blesses you all. adapted from a bethel sermon which is no longer available on their website. u can get it from here http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~teoweich/%5bheard%5d%20Living_Powerfully_10_45am_48kbps.mp3

love,
kev

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

good afternoon ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking allowing for regarding that particular brand. The prices seeking the boots were about 170 pounds everwhere. But finally I found this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy these. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

good morning ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking for the sake of that meticulous make. The prices for the boots were about 320 bucks everwhere. But definitively I base this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I exceptionally want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order them. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good day friends. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching allowing for regarding that singular model. The prices as regards the shoes were approximately 210 dollars on every site. But for all I set this site selling them for half price. I really like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order these. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

hi there bros. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking as far as something that singular make. The prices as regards the shoes are around 350 pounds on every site. But completely I found this area selling them someone is concerned half price. I in reality love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase these. what is your opinion?