Sunday, July 20, 2008

Yet another reason to YADAH!

After youth service yesterday, I started thinking about our Father's definition of beauty and whether I would define it the same way as Him. Just want to share with whoever that is reading this- my conversation with Him...it may seem silly, but it is really something from my heart..:P

me: God, what do You consider as beautiful? Could You show me a verse that shows what we must have or do to be beautiful?

G: My love for you is sufficient and it is more than enough to cover the whole universe.

me: Wow..I just can't imagine how someone can love each and everyone of us this much..ehh..my question is still not answered?

G: Aurelia, you do not have to do anything at all...for Me to consider you as beautiful! See Psalms 139

me: :) ok...(then I read Psalms 139:13 and although I have read this verse countless of times, a new revelation dawned upon me - that it is not enough to stop complaining about how ugly I feel, but that I should praise God instead for how He has created me to be!)

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I PRAISE you, because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."

I realized that He has already made us to be beautiful, and that we should not only stop comparing and complaining (secretly or not) and start PRAISING Him!

Checked out http://scripturetext.com/psalms/139-14.htm and the root word of 'praise' in this verse is YADAH.

YADAH - يدا Definition: Yadah is a verb with a root meaning, "the extended hand, to throw out the hand, therefore to worship with extended hand.

Thank You God, for this is yet another reason to YADAH, for Your wonderful works in each of our lives!

No comments: